At Green Wave Family Wellness Center, our goal is to improve every facet of your well-being so that you and your family can enjoy healthy, happy lives. We are not your ordinary chiropractor’s office – we take the time to understand all that is happening in your life so that we can recommend the best and most effective approach to help you improve your health.
Our professional team utilizes the most advanced techniques in order to enhance your lifestyle and help you walk out of our office feeling happier and healthier. We offer many services, including:
- Chiropractic Care
- Individual, Marriage and Family Therapy
- Weight Loss Assistance , and
- Skin care.
Learn more about our services and how we take the time to help you live the healthiest, fullest life possible.
Co-founders of Green Wave Family Wellness Center:
Chuck Cluxton, Ph.D., L.M.F.T., L.M.H.C., N.C.C.
Dr. Chuck Cluxton is a co-founder of Green Wave Family Wellness Center. He is a native of Panama City, Florida. He received both his Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Counseling and his dual Masters/Specialist degrees in Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Counseling from the University of Florida.
- Licensed by the State of Florida as a Marriage and Family Therapist (#MT-16780) and a Mental Health Counselor (# 6603) and is a National Certified Counselor (#55653).
- Completed the state of Florida’s requirements of 50 plus hours training in Hypnotherapy and is a Certified Rapid Resolution Therapy Practitioner having completed IRRT’s highest advanced level III training.
- Clinical Member of the American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (# 87642)
- Clinical Member of the American Counseling Association and a Certified Ropes Course Instructor.
Dr. Chuck has been providing counseling services in the Individual, Group, Marriage & Family format for over 20 years. While he has worked with clients across the age span, he has extensive training working with troubled youth and families in crisis. His other areas of service have included adjunct professor and/or clinical supervisor in Psychology and Counseling (University of Florida, Berry College, Troy University), State of Florida clinical supervisor for therapists in training, Life Coach and counselor for the court and school systems.
Tali Cluxton, D.C., B.S.
Dr. Tali is also the co-founder of Green Wave Family Wellness Center. She is a native Floridian and a graduate of Life University College of Chiropractic in Atlanta, The Gainesville School of Massage, and the University of Florida.
- Has advanced training in nutrition, natural weight loss, the Biomeridian scanning device, the Blue laser, and multiple types of advanced chiropractic adjustment instruments and techniques.
- Worked at Shands Hospital in Gainesville, Florida
- Received advanced sports massage training
- Is a Certified Posture Exercise Professional (C.P.E.P.)
- Has practiced as a licensed massage therapist and licensed chiropractor in the states of Georgia and now in Florida (CH 8571).
Dr. Tali has presented workshops in the healing arts in many types of forums including colleges and private institutes. She is also committed to continuing education. She regularly attends seminars on neuromuscular adjustment techniques, soft tissue manipulation, nutrition, natural detox and weight loss, and healing with advanced technologies.
New Counselors within Green Wave:
Denise Folsom, MS, LMHC
Denise Folson is a licensed mental health counselor and former childhood teacher. She received her Master’s Degree in Counseling and Psychology from Troy University and Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education from Florida State University.
- Trained and highly experienced in treating combat/military trauma as well as sexual assault and childhood abuse. Treatment modalities include: Prolonged Exposure and Cognitive Processing Therapy.
- Trained in multigenerational trauma and attachment theory including interventions for children and their parents who have experienced at least one form of trauma and issues which can result.
- Extensive experience in behavior intervention for young children.
As a former teacher, military spouse, and mother of three, she understands the impact that stress, change, and self-doubt can have. Denise is able to provide real world, practical assistance that can empower individuals and families. Along with experience with trauma, Denise has worked extensively with depression and anxiety as well as family issues including those with very young children.
Kelly Shelton, MSW, LCSW
Kelly Shelton has provided services to children, adolescents, adults, and families in the local community since 2004. She began her private practice in 2010 and gained licensure in Clinical Social Work in 2013.
- Areas of focus include, but not limited to, anxiety, depression, trauma, addiction, gender issues, grief and loss, and marital and family therapy; all ages
- Training in family mediation and approved by the 14th Judicial Court to be appointed as a Parent Coordinator
- Knowledge and experience in testimony and/or offering appropriate recommendations in dependency and family law
- Member of International Association of Trauma Professionals and National Association of Social Workers
Ms. Shelton graduated from Florida State University and continues to pursue the passion of learning. For example, she has studied and continues to practice Ashtanga yoga and has a RYT-200 to teach yoga. Ms. Shelton is hoping to be of more service to the local area by bringing this form of yoga into addiction treatment facilities. Her passion to enhance her knowledge of emotional health and the practice of yoga is demonstrated by her ongoing exploration in professional training using this enjoyable treatment medium.
Core Team Consultants and Staff:
Kimberly Moskowitz, M.D.
Tara Griffin, D.M.D., A.B.D.S.M.
Charlie Broome Jr. Ph. D., L.M.F.T.
Gloria S. Tipton, Ed.D., L.C.S.W.
Professor Dan Hudson, M. Div., M.S
Massage and Front Desk Staff
Contact our office today to learn more about our services and how we can help you achieve wellness and balance throughout your life.